Contact Us

If you have been convicted of a crime in federal court or in Georgia, you may still be able to challenge your conviction and/or sentence through a petition for writ of habeas corpus. Habeas corpus proceedings in both state and federal court are governed by complex procedural rules, so it is essential that you have the assistance of an experienced advocate. For example, if you do not follow the applicable rules, you may lose the ability to bring some of your claims later.

The attorneys at Strickland Webster have significant experience identifying which motion or petition to file to challenge your conviction and/or sentence, which claims to bring, and how to best support those claims with evidence.

The time period for challenging your conviction is limited, so you must act quickly.

The options available depend in large part on whether you are convicted in federal  or state court.

Please contact us if you are interested in an initial screening to determine if there are ways to challenge your conviction and/or sentence.  As part of this initial screening, we will review the entire case record and any additional documentation that you have in order to determine if you have a viable claim.

Contact a Criminal Defense Attorney San Francisco min

Call Us

18 U.S.C. 3582(C)(2) MOTIONS

Federal prisoners convicted of drug offenses may be eligible to have their sentences reduced under a recent change in the law, Amendment 782 to the Sentencing Guidelines.  The attorneys at Strickland Webster can help you file the necessary paperwork.  If your motion has been denied, we can help you challenge that denial.